Saturday, November 26, 2011

ABCNews Nightline Trip to Afghanistan: Tip of the Spear (+video)

Soldiers based in a remote part of Afghanistan risk it all to build a road

Forward Operating Base Bostick: the 2-27 Infantry, a battalion known as the Wolfhounds


video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

During the broadcast, ABCNews invited viewers to submit messages to the troops, whether it was to wish them a happy Thanksgiving, good luck or just simply say thanks. We received dozens of messages and thought we would share a few here. Thanks for watching!

Viewer messages to the Wolfhounds:

From Karen Popovich, Hammond, Indiana: I want to wish all of you a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving! My family and I would also like to thank you for all the sacrifices you make everyday! In our opinion…..you’re ALL heroes! God Bless You!!! Sincerely, Karen & Rich Popovich & Cindy Aube
From Kelly Merkle, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: I saw the story on Nightline tonight. All day today i’ve been thinking about how blessed I am to spend Thanksgiving with my family and freedoms. Thank you doesn’t even begin to express the gratitude I have for your sacrifices. My prayers are with you Wolfhounds. God Bless.
From Arlene Patrick, Woodbridge, New Jersey: First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your service! I hope you all were able to make the best of your Thanksgiving under the circumstances. As soldiers, you sacrifice so much, especially the time away from your family, friends, and loved ones. My heart is sadden that my son could not spend Thanksgiving with us. He is stationed at Ft. Bragg with the 82nd Airborne. He will be deployed soon to Afghanistan for his 1st tour of duty. As a mother, words cannot express the feelings that I have inside. Always realize how important it is to stay in touch with your family as much as you can. Stay safe! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! God Bless!
From Kent Gansel, Evergreen Park, Illinois: To the Wolfhounds, Greetings from Evergreen Park, Illinois: All of you are in our thoughts constantly. My son Eric is there with you. The Gansels, the Easterhouses, the Whitlocks, and the Svecs send their love and best wishes for a safe return. God bless all of our troops. Find your way home safely. We are all praying for you and your families at this time. Thank you for your dedication and your service to our country. We all realize that our freedom comes at a great cost. We realize that it dificult for you to be away from your loved ones for such a long time. Your efforts are not unnoticed or unappreciated. YOU are making a difference in the world. Above all, protect yourselves from harm no matter what. You are the real heros of our world. God Bless the United States of America and the men and women of our armed forces. Pave the road to Freedom for all the world to travel.
From Aidan O’Donnell, Lowell, Massachusetts: I just want to wish all of you a happy and safe thanksgiving. I appreciate all that you men and women are sacrificing for our freedom. You are all the epitome of a hero and deserve to be treated accordingly. I hope you make it home safe. Thank you so much for all you have done. Ryan can’t wait to see you bro. Keep your head low and stay safe bro. See you when you get home

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search this blog