Saturday, March 31, 2012

R.I.P. - Pfc. Johnathon F. Davis

DOD Identifies Army Casualty

            The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

            Pfc. Johnathon F. Davis, 20, of Griffin, Ga., died Mar. 29, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered from enemy small arms fire.

            Davis was assigned to the 4th Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

            For more information, the media may contact 82nd Airborne public affairs at 910-432-0661.

---
Pfc. Davis is a graduate of Griffin High School. He and his wife are expecting their first child in May.

2 comments:

Hi Jim,
My name is Arielle Kass; I'm a reporter with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. I'm working on a story about Pfc. Davis, and would love the opportunity to get some more information about him, and to speak to his family or friends about his life, if they're willing to talk to me. Are you able to help me get in touch with his family? I would really appreciate it. I can be reached at 404-526-5752 or akass@ajc.com.
Thank you, and my condolences.
Arielle

Arielle, you've got mail
thank you for words and support

Post a Comment

Search this blog